In a recent Q & A with GQ Magazine Andre 3000 says an Outkast album is unlikely but he does have a solo project on the way.
Andre 3000: There’s been a lot of talk on the Internet about an OutKast album and I have to say that as of now, there are no plans for another OutKast album. There’s a lot of music on the horizon. I’ve been living off the excitement of new artists. I’ve been privileged to have these new artists kind of reach out and grab back and say, “Hey, Andre, we want you on this song.” So I’ve been taking those calls and for the last two years, I’ve been doing collaborations. So these new artists have kind of been keeping me alive. I’ve just really been feeding off of that and this year I think I’m planning to do a solo project. I don’t know when it will come out, but hopefully it’ll come out this year. As far as OutKast, I really don’t know if or when that will happen.
GQ: What’s the new solo album going to be like?
Andre 3000: The only thing I can really say is I’m going to get back to having fun because that’s what it was all about when I started this in high school—with OutKast—those were like high school dreams. I’m 36 now, so I have grown-man dreams. This album will just be me being myself as normal.
New Video: Dj Drama – Ain’t No Way Around It feat. Future, Big Boi & Young Jeezy (REMIX) OFFICIAL VIDEO
3 Stacks was recently tapped as Gillette’s new spokesman. Above he stars alongside Adrien Brody and Gael García Bernal for the new Fusion ProGlide Styler campaign,”Masters Of Style”. Razor sharp.
1. Jeezy may be king of the trap but he’s a Jill Scott fan, too. On the appropriately titled track “Trap,” the Snowman meshes his hustler tales with the Philly songstress’ impassioned melodies.
2. OJ Simpson will be offended if he gets his hands on this album. Jadakiss and Fabolous help Jeezy rap about bloody murder on the cut named after The Juice.
3. Before playing “Nothing,” Jeezy cited Juvenile as one of his favorite rappers. He referenced Juvy’s verse from “A Million and One Things” ( “I can’t please everybody, but I love my folks If I give ya everything, baby, I’ma be broke” -Juvenile) as inspiration for the cut, which deals with folks who’ve helped Jeezy only in hopes of receiving something back.
4. Older chicks are Jeezy’s new thing. Ne-Yo helps the ATLien get one out for the ladies on TM103. Playing with Biggie’s infamous line, “If the head right, Jeezy there every night,” he keeps it G while getting his mack on. “Leave You Alone” is destined for radio greatness.
5. “I Do” may be one of the biggest records of Jeezy’s career. Though Andre’s verse leaked to the ‘Net some time ago, Jay-Z adds a monster to this well orchestrated number. Jeezy himself is in rare form on the track, displaying a rare moment of celebration and vulnerability. (“Life’s a bitch but she’s the only love I know” –Jay-Z)
TM:103 drops Dec 20th….Let’s Get It!!